Cheesy Bacon Hasselback Zucchini
- 2 zucchini small, weight is about 1 1/2 pounds, cut in half
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 0.50 c smoked gouda sliced or Can use Cheddar or Mozzarella
- 0.25 lb bacon
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or heat your outdoor grill.
- Slice off ends of zucchini and discard.
- Make slices in zucchini crosswise but don't cut through bottom of zucchini.
- If Baking in oven, place zucchini on a foil lined baking pan.
- Brush zucchini with oil and bake 20 -25 minutes until tender.
- Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. Once cool enough to handle, break into pieces.
- Insert a slice of cheese and piece of bacon into zucchini.
- Top with parmesan cheese and broil 3-5 minutes. Enjoy immediately.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 457mg | Potassium: 347mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 17.6mg | Calcium: 238mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!