Butternut Squash Almond Bisque
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 c onions chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 5 stalks celery chopped
- 1.5 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 lb butternut squash about 7 cups, peeled and cubed
- 7 c vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp cinnamon
- .125 tsp dried nutmeg
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- .33 c almond butter
- .25 c almonds toasted and chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and ginger and cook for 10 minutes until softened, turn the heat down if it starts to brown or stick to the bottom of the pan. Add the butternut squash and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, aminos/tamari, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the squash is very tender. Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and stir in the almond butter.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender or upright blender (be careful to vent if blending hot soup) until it's smooth. Return to the pot and add as needed salt and black pepper to taste.
- To serve, garnish with toasted almonds and chives.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1876mg | Potassium: 940mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 21967IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!