Brussels Sprouts and Quinoa Bowl with Orange- Thyme Vinaigrette
- 1 c quinoa tricolor, uncooked
- 0.75 tsp sea salt divided
- 0.25 c orange juice fresh
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 12 oz brussels sprouts trimmed, and halved
- 2 c radicchio from 1 head
- 1 c apples golden, sliced
- 1.50 oz goat cheese crumbled
- Cook quinoa in water according to package directions. Add 1/4 tsp salt; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Whisk together orange juice, vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, honey, mustard, thyme, and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large non stick skillet over medium-high. Add brussel sprouts; cook, stirring often, until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place 1/4 cup quinoa in each of 4 bowls. Top each with 1/2 cup radicchio, 1/4 cup apple, and 2/3 cup brussels sprouts. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons orange-thyme vinaigrette; sprinkle evenly with goat cheese.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 694mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 83.4mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!