Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1.25 c heavy cream
- .5 tsp Italian seasoning
- .5 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded
- .25 c vegetable broth
- 3.5 c cauliflower riced
- 2 c broccoli florets
- .5 c parmesan cheese
- .5 c baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9×13 baking pan or 2.5-quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir in arrowroot powder. Slowly whisk in heavy cream and continue whisking until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper, cream cheese and 1/4 of cheddar cheese and whisk until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in broth and cauliflower rice followed by broccoli and spinach, then toss to coat. Add more cheese or cream as needed for desired consistency.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 baking pan or 2.5-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheeses and bake for 37-42 minutes or until heated through and the top is lightly golden.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1273IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!