Apple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Waffles (gluten, grain, and dairy free)
Who doesn’t love waffles? I know I sure love them!
And now, our very own Orleatha has taken this classic breakfast item and put a creative new spin on it.
Introducing our Apple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Waffles! Which, by the way, are gluten, grain, and dairy free! Yay for those on restricted diets! 🙂
These apple cinnamon sweet potato waffles use Hearthy Foods’ line of apple and sweet potato flours which give a new twist on a standard breakfast treat. I personally think these waffles are sweet enough without a bunch of extra toppings (thanks to the apple flour), but feel free to add anything that tickles your fancy. Butter, cream cheese, yogurt, syrup, honey, fresh fruit, or even nut butter would taste amazing!
If you don’t have a waffle iron, you could make these into pancakes, but honestly, waffles are more fun. Check out Amazon for the best selection of waffle irons.
Apple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Waffles
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1/2 cup Hearthy Foods’ Sweet Potato Flour
- 1/4 cup Hearthy Foods’ Apple Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or other oil or fat of your choice)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat waffle iron to medium/low.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine all wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well. Set aside.
- Grease the top and bottom of the waffle iron then pour about half a cup of the batter into the heated iron.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the waffle using tongs or a large fork. Enjoy with honey and butter!