This AIP Instant Pot Orange Chicken will certainly please the whole family when they are craving Chinese food! It’s super easy to throw together and serve a healthy meal without the guilt of takeout.
AIP Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 4 green onions sliced
- Using a paper towel, pat chicken dry, cut the chicken into 1-2 inch chunks, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up your pressure cooker: press Sauté. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT.
- Add the oil to the hot Instant Pot, add the chicken and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently so as not to allow sticking. Cook until it just starts to get golden.
- Add 1/4 cup orange juice to the pot and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the bottom.
- Add the Sauce ingredients to the pot: remaining 3/4 cups of orange juice, minced garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, rice wine, and orange zest.
- Stir gently until all the ingredients are combined and coated in sauce.
- Close lid, taking care that the vent is closed. Select Manual, and select 5 minutes on High Pressure.
- Use a 10 minute Natural Release. Release the remaining pressure by opening the vent. Let the Instant Pot finish releasing steam before opening the lid.
- Select again the Sauté function. In a medium bowl combine arrowroot with the orange juice for the Slurry, whisk until all combined with no lumps.
- Add the Slurry mixture to the Instant Pot and gently stir to combine. Cook on Sauté function for a few more minutes, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. If you want the sauce even thicker, mix one more tablespoon of arrowroot with orange juice and add it to the pot.
- Let the Orange Chicken stand for 5-7 minutes, the sauce will thicken more.
- Serve and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and extra orange zest.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 1119mg | Potassium: 708mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 219IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!