AIP Instant Pot Nomato Sauce
- Add the olive oil to the base of the instant pot and set to saute.
- Saute the onions and garlic for 2 minutes, before adding in the carrots, cabbage, celery, and honey. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently . Press cancel to turn off the saute function.
- Pour in the water and balsamic vinegar and add the seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid onto the instant pot and flip the the pressure release valve to closed. Press “manual” (it will default to high pressure” and use the “+” button to set the time to 10 minutes.
- Once the sauce has finished, carefully release the pressure valve. Once depressurized, remove the lid and allow for the sauce to cool.
- Use a stick or immersion blender to process the sauce until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 674mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 14205IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!